Title: Assistant Portfolio Manager
Reports to: Property Manager
Job Summary: The Assistant Portfolio Manager s (APM) primary responsibility is to support field office operations by verifying and maintaining property management files at the corporate office. The APM monitors compliance with corporate policies and procedures as well as provides support and training to field office operations and is the first line administration/support for Yardi Voyager and Tenant Tech forms program. Normal duties include the following:
A. Customer Service / Administrative Responsibilities:
1. Ensure compliance with company procedures and systems within company guidelines to ensure orderly, efficient workflow
2. Ensure current resident files are up to date and accurate
3. Ensure all administrative paperwork is accurate, complete and submitted on a timely basis
4. Review and verify Resident move-in, renewal, move-out paperwork
5. Review notices and direct correspondence to Residents
6. Provide 1st line technical support to onsite office staff
7. General office duties: Sort and prioritize daily mail, scan documents, filing, answer multi-line phone system, type memos and letters as requested
8. Attend periodic industry meetings and training events
9. Represent the company in a professional manner at all the times
B. Resident Relations:
1. Handle resident relations matters in a timely and professional manner
2. Monitor distribution of all company or community-issued notices (i.e., bad weather, emergency, etc.)
3. Comply with local, state and federal Fair Housing Laws
1. Ensure that rents, late fees, check charges and damages are posted in a timely manner
2. Prepare vacancy/delinquency report weekly
3. Verify and prepare monthly financial performance (EOM Reports)
4. Verify and process move-out refund requests
5. Generate necessary legal action, documents and process in accordance with Company guidelines
1. Learn and ensure compliance with all company, local, state and federal safety rules
2. Ensure that unsafe conditions are corrected in a timely manner
This list is not all inclusive but rather a guide of the different items that fall under the responsibility of the position. You will be expected to take direction and perform duties requested of you in addition to the above.
1. Ideal candidate must be self-directed, able to multi task effectively & efficiently, able to prioritize, have excellent data entry skills, be punctual and dependable.
2. Experience with Yardi Voyager required (2 3 years)
3. Experience with Tenant Tech forms program preferred
4. Intermediate skill level of MS office (Excel, Word, Outlook, Publisher), Windows 7 operating system required
5. Intermediate skill level in Accounts Receivable and accounting activities (2 5 years)
6. Experience with general office duties experience including: filing, bulk mailing, record maintenance, document scanning, and fax/copy machine.
About Aston Carter:
At Aston Carter, we re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email
%email@example.com other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.